Square Bale Hay Net
1.5", 3", and 2.25" Heavy Gauge Netting
Knotted Nylon Mesh
What’s in the box
1 knotted nylon net
1 Heavy Duty Carabiner Clip
Horses, cows, goats, llama, sheep, alpaca
Works well with
Use caution with shod animals. We recommend using a feeder with a solid barrier between the shoe and net or elevating the net above pawing level. Use caution with horns.
30 days to exchange or return
This slow feed hay net is ideal for feeding an entire square bale. The Texas Haynet Square Bale Net helps prevent colic, founder, and ulcers by slowing down consumption to a natural pace. This bag eliminates clean up and keeps them busy longer. Perfect for the stall or pasture.
Use caution with shod animals. We recommend elevating or placing this net in a solid feeder out of shoe reach. Use caution with horned animals and animals with ear tags.
1Create the safest, healthiest, most cost effective feeding solution on the market by pairing this kit with a Tarter Dura Tough Small Animal Feeder. Together, both products eliminate waste and hay clean up. Shop Tarter Dura Tough Small Animal Feeder
Shipping & Returns
- Orders are processed and shipped within 5 business days.
- Most orders are shipped via UPS/Fedex. Orders with a PO Box address ship via USPS.
- Ground shipments typically arrive within 3-5 business days from the day they are shipped (Continental U.S). Expedited shipping from the carrier is available at check out. All shipping rates are determined by the carrier based on your shipping address and selected service.
- International orders may require additional shipping fees, taxes or duties.
- Returns/exchanges can be made within 30 days of purchase. Refunds are issued upon receipt of the product. Shipping fees are non-refundable.
Bought this to try and get some weight on my older gelding. He shares a paddock with our other mare. We’ve had the net about 6 months and not a single hole! They are both barefoot and I know they kick it around a lot but it’s doing fine. Just added a second one to hang in their shelter.
I was skeptical that my horses would use the net, but with the amount of hay they were wasting, I was willing to try it. They took to it with absolutely no issues! My horses have free choice hay and there is virtually no waste. The net is easy to put on the bale, and fits an entire bale nicely. So far, it has been holding up with no tears. I made a DIY feeder out of an old stock tank to keep it off the ground and so far, so good.
Slow feeding rate = happy horses!
My horses love it, keeps them eating longer and it's easy to use. I'd like to see a thicker tie string but it works, and that yellow is easy to see in the paddock of the net becomes a toy and finds it's way into the dirt.
I only have two 600lb heifers currently and for how much hay they eat this hay net is perfect. It’s worth it for what it saves. Beware it will pull out ear tags.